Friday, April 17, 2009

My Favorite Movie Moustaches

The other day I watched Gangs of New York and although I found the film itself to be entertaining, my favorite part of it was Daniel Day Lewis' moustache. As I sat down to write a review of the film, I found that I couldn't say anything without going back to the glorious moustache. So instead of writing that review I've decided to do something a little more entertaining (for me at least) and give a list of my favorite movie moustaches/facial hair combinations.

Bill Hader in Adventureland: Although the movie itself was TERRIBLE, Bill Hader's moustache was definitely one to behold.



Josh Brolin in No Country For Old Men: this is a moustache with attitude. I'm sure holding a gun helps too.



Will Ferrell in Anchorman: Some may say Paul Rudd's moustache is better, but Ferrell's leading moustache takes the cake.



John Hurt in Hellboy: A combination that boasts wisdom and awesomeness, this is top notch facial hair.



Terry Jones in Monty Python and the Holy Grail: I couldn't find a picture of this one, but for those of you who have seen this movie, I am talking about Sir Bedevere. Very long moustache.

Nicolas Cage in Raising Arizona: Complete with the sideburns and mussed up hair, this is the ultimate easy-going look.



Jeff Bridges in The Big Lebowski: Another laid back look from a Coen Brothers film, Jeffrey "The Dude" Lebowski sports a tremendous goatee.




And finally, I will leave you with a double dose of Daniel Day Lewis. One from Gangs of New York and one from There Will Be Blood.





Do you have any favorite movie moustaches?

(I'll bet that is the strangest question you have been asked this week)

4 comments:

  1. Very funny list, and accurate list. All of these mustaches are quite funny. I will need to think about this question but my own personal favorite is Daniel Day-Lewis from There Will Be Blood but I will think about other epic mustaches as they were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But how could you forget Gary Oldman from the Batman movies! This Ned Flanders tribute should not go unnoticed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah damn I forgot about Oldman! Thank you for reminding me. Perhaps in a sequel post I will include him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. burt reynolds please
    =]
    and you list is hilarious. your vocabulary makes me lol

    ReplyDelete